"Love people, not things; use things, not people. "
— Spencer W. Kimball
"God does watch over us and does notice us, but it usually through someone else that he meets our needs."
— Spencer W. Kimball
"Peace, sweet peace finally comes to men when they humbly yield to the gentle pressure of the Spirit."
— Spencer W. Kimball (Faith Precedes the Miracle)
"Dream beautiful dreams and then work to make those dreams come true."
— Spencer W. Kimball
Different things learned by people of different ages:
Age 9 - I've learned that when I wave to people in the country, they stop what they are doing and wave back.
Age 14 - I've learned that it's easier to stay out of trouble than to get out of trouble.
Age 30 - I've learned that to experience the wonder of life through the eyes of a child is the most rewarding feeling in the world.
Age 42 - I've learned that if your life is free of failures, you're probably not taking enough risks.
Age 51 - I've ;earned that the best and quickest way to appreciate other people is to try and do their job. Age 51 - I've learned that there are no unimportant acts of kindness.
Age 62 - I've ;earned that nothing tastes as good as a vegetable from your own garden.
Age 72 - I've learned to stand up for what you believe.
Age 86 - I've learned to keep looking ahead. There are still so many good books to read, sunsets to see, friends to visit, and old dogs to take for a walk.
Age 88 - I've learned that days are long, but life is short.
Age 92 - I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.
~President Spencer W. Kimball
No comments:
Post a Comment